- Duration : 21 Days.
- Season : July to early September.
- Region : Zanskar Ladakh Lahul valley.
Detailed Itinerary :
Day01: Lamayuru---Wanla: the trek starts from Lamayuru.The Monastery here is the oldest in Ladakh,has begin library of Buddhist literature .from here trek over Phrinkiti -la pass(4090mts.)(3245m)easy and descend.
Camp over night at wanla.5hrs.
Day02: wanla--Hanupatta: Gradual ascend to the Gaylop-la (3900m).visit the small Gompa,about 6-7hrs of trek.Camp over night at Hanupatta.
Day03: Hanupatta-Photaksar over SirSir-La (4900m) Trek through the paths cut into the rocks to avoids dificult river crossing,gradual climb to the SirSir-La. Camp over night at Photaksar. Time taken( 6-7Hrs)
Day04: Photaksar-- marling over Boumitse -la(4200m)
Beautifull ways all around during the trek.Yaks can be frequently seen during the trek. Camp at marling.(6-7hrs.)
Day05: Marling--Lingshet over Singi-La(5060Mts.)Wonderful landscap, gradual ascends to the Singi-la,spectaculars views from the top of the pass. Arrive in Lingshet, Optional visit of the monastery that belongs to the Gelupa sect. Camp at Lingshet. (7-8hrs)
Day06: Lingshet -- Zingchen over Haluma-la(4700Mts.) a gradual 300 meters climb and descend over the Haluma -La pass sepectacular view all around . Camp overnight at Zingchen. Taken Time 7hrs.
Day07: Zingchen---Hanumil over Parfi-la(3900mts) Trek over the steep pass called Parfi-la,about 7hrs of trek. beautiful view all around.
Camp overnight at Hanumil. taken time (6-7hrs)
Day08: Hanumil--Pishu trek to Pishu camp overnight Pishu( 6-7hrs)
Day09: Pishu---Karsha trek to Thongde Gompa and village. trek for about 6hrs camp overnight at Karsha. Visit to the Famous karsha Monastery.
Day10: Karsha--Padum Good view of valley from karsha,the Monastery is the largest in Zanskar region,having 150 lamas of the yellow sect. Trek to Padum through the flat valley floor. Padum belong to the Drukpa Sect. Camp at Padum.(3531Mts).(6-7hrs)
Day11: Padum--Mune(3560Mts) Walk along the river,landscap changes enroute, The trail descend steeply to the main river valley and village of the Ichar through the some impressive gorges. Camp at Mune.Taken time (5-6 hrs)
Day12: Mune to Ichar: (3750mts) This day is easy as you have to walk along the river to Pepula. some impressive village of Ichar and Dorzong come on the way. The camp Ichar at without greenery. (5hrs)
Day13: Ichar --Purni The walk is along the west side of river and passes through occasional villages.(4-5hrs.)(3770mts) camp over night at Purni.
Day14: Purni-Phuktal -Purni Visit the famous Phuktal Gompa (7Kms.) one of the most impressive in Zanskar Region. The monastery is been carved out of the mountain wall and a huge limestone cave. The site date of the 11th century ,the monastery was founded by Changsems Shereb Zangpo.overnight camp at Purni(8hrs)
Day15: Phutal-- Kargyak (40000mts)The trail goes Testa and kum before re-crossing the bridge below. Kargyak the last village in Zanskar, Camp beside the river Chortens. (6-7hrs)
Day16: Kargyak-- Lakhong (4450mts) The trail to Lakhong stays on the east -side of Kargyak Chu and wind through yak pastures used by the herdsmen till late autumn. Camp at Lakhong. (6 hrs)
Day17: Lakhong-- ChumikNakpo(4400mts)Over Shingo-La (5100mts) Over Shingo -la 5100Mts. A steep climb takes to the Shingo-la pass, here you are in the heart of the great Himalayas, spectacular views of hanging glaciers and un-climbed Peaks, gradual descend down to Chumik Nakpo. camp over night. (6-7hrs)
Day18: Chumik Nakpo--- Zanskar sumdo (3580mts.) trek through the narrow valley, magnificent views all around. Now after crossing the small bridge enter the Himachal area. Camp at the Zanskar sumdo after crossing the river. (5-6hrs)
Day19: Zanskar Sumdo-- PalLhamo Good views all around, trek through loose boulders and grazing pastures. camp at Pallhamo. (4-5 hrs)
Day20: Pallhamo--Darch-(3300m) Cross the river and the trail leads through gentle ascend to the Chika village, the first village on the Himachal side. green meadows and village to reach Darcha. Camp at Darch. (3-4 hrs)
Day21: Darcha-- Manali over Rohtang Pass (3980mts)Drive through Lahaul valley then across the Rohtang pass drive into Kullu valley. over night Hotel. (145Km)6-7hrs drive
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
- We will provide basic equipment like ropes for safety, ice axe, harnesses, ascenders and descanters but one has to bring his/her own good quality Shoes, Sleeping bags, and crampons.
- Incase of 2 -3 pax, cook would work as route guide and dinning arrangements would be made in kitchen tent only
- Services subject to advance payments
- At times due to road blockade or landslide we may to alter the itinerary at the last moment or the day of journey also. In such a case any extra running of vehicle or expenses incurred in operating the changed tour, extra cost would have to be paid by the guest.
- Trekking & high altitude travel are adventure activities and the rates donot cover any insurance, risk cover, damages, claims etc. A person coming on adventure tour has to be covered for adventure travel & activities apart from normal travel insurance. Himalayan Wanderer or any of its service providers would not be liable in any case for any mishap/ loss etc
- A person should be covered under travel insurance and the insurance should also include adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter. Our transfer rates donot include any travel insurance/ repatriation charges/ damages/ claims etc incase of any eventuality
- Our rates donot include any travel insurance/ repatriation charges/ damages/ claims etc incase of any eventuality
- To reduce the risk of altitude sickness you should: drink enough liquids (check your urine periodically to make sure it is pale in color, dark yellow urine indicates that you are getting dehydrated), eat light (low fat food high in carbohydrates), and rest (take it easy and relax). Alcoholic drinks may not help during the acclimatization process
- Our first add box normally contains – normal drugs for regular use like pain killers, Diamox, ORS powder, Bandages, ointment for cuts and wounds, antiseptics like Detol or Savolon etc. But normally foreign guest carry their own medicines and we also avoid suggesting anything in this regard. Carrying Diamox is always advisable (this is for high altitude, oxygen deficiency and mild high altitude sickness)
- We suggest guest to consult doctor and have a thorough physical checkup before undertaking a trek.
- For any helicopter rescue operations, normally the expenditure for these operations is paid by the insurance companies if the guest is insured. But Guest taking this adventure tour must be covered under travel insurance and the insurance should also include adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter.
- Incase guest doesn't have any risk insurance for adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter charges, then in such a case of emergency we would want a written guarantee from the foreign office and the guest's travel agent that in such a case all the expenses incurred in rescue operation, extra cost immediately would have to be paid by the guest / foreign office or guest's travel agent in advance or as soon as the operation is over as per requirement of helicopter company or Army.
- The client should make the reservation with the company along with 50% of tour cost as booking deposit. The balance amount has to be paid one month prior to the departure of the trek/ safari/ tour.
- The booking form should be completed filled, signed and returned to the Company before starting any kind of adventure activity.
- If the client is forced to cancel the booking prior to departure, the cancellation policy will be followed.
- Once the tour starts and is cancelled due to any reason beyond our control, the Company reserves the right for the payment of refunds to the client and will be on Company's discretion.
- In case of any delay beyond our control, the client will have to bear extra cost for the extra days as per the option chosen on per day basis.
- In case the strength falls below the stipulated group strength or the Client can travel as individual travelers, then a different rate i.e. not group rate would be applicable
- Company reserves the rights to decline to reserve any person or persons as client for any trek without assigning any reason whatsoever.
The booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the potential risks and hazards that can be involved in holidays of this kind. , along with our leaders/guides and any one else working in association with us can not be held responsible for any death, accident or mishap that may occur in connection with any part of, or services connected with the holiday. It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to conflict, international or internal flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle problems, political closures and disputes. Before the guests come on a holiday, they must be covered by insurance, which has to include the cost of helicopter rescue and cost of repatriation if they become too ill to continue. The travel insurance should cover Adventure Holiday too.
The cost is for the entire package and there would be no refunds in case any part of the package is not availed The Company would not be liable to pay any kind of compensation arising because of any mishap, sickness, accident etc.